Rescue Chopper Week
As our patients often tell us, when the sound of the rescue helicopter draws near, there is a collective sigh of relief knowing that help has arrived.
Over the course of our 24-year history, RACQ CQ Rescue has rescued, transferred, retrieved and winched over 9000 people. These very fortunate users of our helicopter rescue service say their lives would be extremely different today if the RACQ CQ Rescue helicopter wasn’t available to help them when they needed it. Often a patient’s only lifeline, RACQ CQ Rescue offers aeromedical and search and rescue assistance to residents of and visitors to Central and Northern Queensland.
Rescue Chopper Week which runs from October 19th - 25th allows RACQ CQ Rescue to engage directly with schools, community groups and local businesses on the importance of the rescue helicopter and ways that the community can continue to help us keep the chopper in the air saving lives.
Every school that registers will have the opportunity to be visited by RACQ CQ Rescue to hear firsthand about our work across Central and Northern Queensland. One lucky school will win a helicopter landing on your school oval during Rescue Chopper Week, where students will be able to meet our crew and take a closer look at our helicopter.
- Prep/Kindy - Grade 3: Colour in Huey Colouring Competition
- Grades 4 - 6: Craft a Clever Tale Storytelling Competition
- Grades 7 - 12: Capture Your Community Multimedia Competition
- Business/Community Group: Host a Fundraiser which raises $100 minimum
There are so many ways your school, business or community group can get involved, such as:
- Holding a “Crazy Hair Day” or “Free Dress Day” in return for a gold coin donation
- Hosting a staff morning tea/lunch
- Choosing a product for the week and donating a percentage of sales to RACQ CQ Rescue
- Dressing up in blue and yellow colours to show support for your rescue chopper
- Holding a craft, book, car boot, plant or bake sale
- Creating a fundraising concept of your own
Our friends at Vuly Play have jumped on board in 2019 to donate an Ultra Medium Trampoline for the lucky winner of the Prep/Kindy - Grade 3: Colouring Competition, along with our friends at Telstra Stores Mackay the compeitions levels Grades 4 - 6 and Grades 7 - 12 have the opportunity to win a Samsung Tab A 10.1.
*Please note that registration is mandatory.