Rescue Chopper Week
As our patients often tell us, when the sound of the rescue helicopter draws near, there is a collective sigh of relief knowing that help has arrived.
Over the course of our 22-year history, RACQ CQ Rescue has rescued, transferred, retrieved and winched over 8400 people. These very fortunate users of our helicopter rescue service say their lives would be extremely different today if the RACQ CQ Rescue helicopter wasn’t available to help them when they needed it. Often a patient’s only lifeline, RACQ CQ Rescue offers aeromedical and search & rescue assistance to residents of and visitors to Central and Northern Queensland.
Rescue Chopper Week which runs from October 14- 20th allows RACQ CQ Rescue to engage directly with schools, community groups and local businesses on the importance of the rescue helicopter and ways that the community can continue to help us keep the chopper in the air saving lives.
Every school that registers by September 20, will have the opportunity to be visited by RACQ CQ Rescue to hear firsthand about our work across Central and Northern Queensland. One lucky school will win a helicopter landing on your school oval during Rescue Chopper Week, where students will be able to meet our crew and take a closer look at our helicopter.
- Prep/Kindy - Grade 3: Colour in Huey Colouring Competition
- Grades 4 - 6: Craft a Clever Tale Storytelling Competition
- Grades 7 - 12: Capture Your Community Multimedia Competition
- Business/Community Group: Host a Fundraiser which raises $100 minimum
There are so many ways your school, business or community group can get involved, such as:
- Holding a “Crazy Hair Day” or “Free Dress Day” in return for a gold coin donation
- Hosting a staff morning tea/lunch
- Choosing a product for the week and donating a percentage of sales to RACQ CQ Rescue
- Dressing up in blue and yellow colours to show support for your rescue chopper
- Holding a craft, book, car boot, plant or bake sale
- Creating a fundraising concept of your own
*Please note that registration is mandatory.