Rescue Chopper Week
As our patients often tell us, when the sound of the rescue helicopter draws near, there is a collective sigh of relief knowing that help has arrived.
Over the course of our 22-year history, RACQ CQ Rescue has rescued, transferred, retrieved and winched over 8400 people. These very fortunate users of our helicopter rescue service say their lives would be extremely different today if the RACQ CQ Rescue helicopter wasn’t available to help them when they needed it. Often a patient’s only lifeline, RACQ CQ Rescue offers aeromedical and search & rescue assistance to residents of and visitors to Central and Northern Queensland.
RACQ CQ Rescue has a vital need for community support and funding to keep our aircraft operational and the crew fully equipped and ready to assist. These costs have escalated to about $8.65 million in 2019. You can help us reach our fundraising target and, ultimately, help us save lives by taking part in Rescue Chopper Week activities.
There are so many ways your school or business can get involved, such as:
- Holding a “Crazy Hair Day” or “Free Dress Day” in return for a gold coin donation
- Hosting a staff morning tea
- Choosing a product for the week and donating a percentage of sales to RACQ CQ Rescue
- Dressing up in blue and yellow colours to show support for your rescue chopper
- Selling RACQ CQ Rescue merchandise
- Holding a craft, book, car boot, plant or bake sale
- Creating a fundraising concept of your own
Every school that registers by 30 June will have the opportunity to be visited by RACQ CQ Rescue to hear firsthand about our work across Central and Northern Queensland. One lucky school will win a helicopter landing on your school oval during Rescue Chopper Week, where students will be able to meet our crew and take a closer look at our helicopter. Plus, all registered schools will receive a Rescue Chopper Week information pack with entry forms for our three competitions! The competitions include:
- Prep - Grade 3: Colour in Huey Colouring Competition
- Grades 4 - 6: Craft a Clever Tale Storytelling Competition
- Grades 7 - 12: Capture Your Community Multimedia Competition
*Please note that registration is mandatory.